Tuesday, July 20, 2010






Well I rarely include any rough sketch, incomplete work on my blog;however there does not seem to be much traffic, and little to no comments, so what the hell. These are two roughs for a cover I am currently being commisioned to make. They are not concept sketches since I am settled on using these images, but how the whole composition fits together, along with lighting and stylistic concerns in question and very much still in the works. This is part of the "Eden through Barb wire" project and I am very excited about it's future. Again, any feedback is appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. These look really good, Dave! I like that you took the golem idea (top image) and made the body wooden/antique and boxy instead of going a hyper modern route. The bottom image is strange in a very good way. It has a diorama look and feel to it. The depth of field is layered into segments like the background on a theater stage. Looks sweet and creepy; good work!

    ReplyDelete