Saturday, September 29, 2012

  As an artist, especially a working artist, we wear many hats e.g. artist, illustrator, designer, and teacher.  Those of you who have been following my art know my style and subject matter. Most of what I deal with is an aestheticized violence translated into something I find beautiful or that has a subverted narrative.  Well I am here to tell you folks, that is not all that makes up my artistic life.
  Two days a week I visit several long term care facilities and conduct painting workshops. I draw the pictures, and through guided painting sessions I help hose in their golden years live out their passion. Depicted in this photo is one of my students, she is 92 and just getting warmed up!

1 comment:

  1. Those are some REALLY great painting skills and I'm sure a lot of patience on your part. Great job both of you.

    ReplyDelete